Each year Duke encourages all community members to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Day by engaging in acts of community service in honor of Dr. King’s legacy.
2022 MLK Commemoration Week of Service Opportunities:
Opportunities to connect with our community in the spirit of service abound in our local community as the legacy of Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is commemorated. Below are a few examples of service opportunities identified by local community partners for January 2022:
- 2022 Voter Empowerment Training – You Can Vote
- Dream Big Book Drive – Book Harvest
- Duke SNMA Meal Service and Health Screenings – Duke SNMA (Student National Medical Association)
- Fresh Produce Program Delivery Confirmation Caller – Root Causes
- Fresh Produce Program Delivery Driver – Root Causes
- Fresh Produce Program Distribution Day Packer – Root Causes
- Maternal Health Awareness Challenge – United Way
- MLK Day of Service with Durham Habitat – Habitat for Humanity Durham
- MLK Day of Service Supply Drive – United Way
- Period Product Packaging – Diaper Bank of North Carolina
For service opportunities available throughout the year and to engage in purposeful, equitable and sustainable partnerships, please remember to check ConnectCommunity, Duke’s platform to facilitate community requests for volunteers and other service opportunities.